Friday, June 16, 2006

Post-repro chillout session...

Hello...this is gonna be my first post for the gobble gazette and this is gonna be a report on Madam Kwan's and Luna Bar (Christine's the official reporter, but I feel that someone need to report on Madam Kwan's too...)

On Wednesday...after having a tough time deciding on which restaurant we'll try out in Mid Valley, we finally decided on Madam Kwan's.

Kenn and I have always felt that the reason customers revisit a restaurant is either because:-
a) The food is good (Obviously)
b) The Ambience
c) The service

For the case of Madam Kwan's, they only fulfilled one criteria...that's the ambience...it's creatively furnished (like the tiled mirrors) and stylish. Of course... or else the 'famous' Datin who's face Kenn saw on the newspaper before and her son won't go there to ta-pau dinner?

As for the service...all i can say is the the night shift staff is not as friendly, courteous and helpful... I believe the afternoon shift staff being nicer, if I recall correctly.

Finally the most important thing...the food...Madam Kwan serve typical Malaysian hawker style food...aka Ipoh Kuei Teow Soup, Chao Kuei Teow, Nasi Lemak, Nasi Bonjari, Laksa and so on. The food is all-right, but of course you can't compare it to the 'real' local food where you can only find at hawker centers...like those in Penang and Ipoh for example. The price is also absurdly high, if we compare it to what we can get outside...but again we're paying more for the ambience and service, we're eating in MV for pete's sake!

I ordered a Chao Kuei Teow... SeYin's fav, because she always order that when she visit Madam Kuan's, Kenn ordered a Kuei Teow Soup, LayIn and WoonLee shared a nasi lemak, SeYin took tom yam, SuetMay ordered a nasi bonjari, Wills ordered a cool dish...but kinda forgot what it's called...as for Li, Stef, Su Chuen...they're at the other end of the table, quite hard to see what exactly's the dish ;p Soli!

Later that night...around 10pm, the members of the Makan Club met up at Luna Bar to chillout.
The bar...a rather exclusive one, is located on the 34th floor of Menara Pan Global (immediately opposite KL Tower). It provide a romantic view of KL night view and it's open air-ed poolside area allowed us to have a close view of KL Tower.

The service is not bad but they are very concerned about our billing system...all in a single bill or saperate bill? That's the first thing they'll ask after taking your orders.

As for the drinks...it's slightly more pricy than other bars, according to the others and if the drinks are good or not...this is the first bar I've visited, can't comment really. Haha.
Alright, I'm gonna have a bit of a problem in naming all the drinks the members ordered here...cause number one, like what Christine said it was too dark to even see the word on the menu, and secondly there were just too many of us...not to mention they have weird names. I'll try my best though...I had my first shot of tequilla (amazing I tell you, Rachel and Li taught me the proper way to drink it), Rachel had Flaming Lumbourghini, Shang had a 'walk on the beach', the guys had beers (since it's world cup time, they were too busy inside watching football), christine ordred this cool combo with baileys, cookies and creame...as for the others, I'm not really sure.

Basically it was a cool outing...I finally found out what Chi Ku Pak is and had my chance to try it out. I think i've got no skill or I'm plain unlucky that night, cause I was the first to lose 3 times in the game...in the end I have to carry out a task, that is to ask a chosen person to take a picture with me. But then my mission failed...hehe... luckily they didn't ask me to do something else ;p

That's all I have to report for now...Cheers!

No comments: