Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mi Daging

After CSU today, 8 of us hopped on to Sri Petaling for some beef noodles. There was no air conditioning, no nice plush seats, no cute waitresses (added in for the guys), no psychedelic wall decorations and to sum it all, nothing fancy about the place. Just your usual old, slightly unkept hawker restaurant accompanied by the usual fauna, one of which crawled out of the hole in the middle of the table and freaked the daylights out of me.

Having said that, as much as the Makan Club is concerned, I have always wondered what will happen if we ever stumble upon a Makan place that is not up to par. Then again, I don't think we need to worry because as usual, our instincts were right. Never mind the unfancy place together with Mr. Cock Roach because the noodles were great! As soon as the guy plonked my large beef balls mihun soup in front of me, all the unfanciness evaporated away and we all tucked into our noodles happily.

Be it kon-loh wantan mee, lo shi fun or mi hun soup, I simply loved the way the beef tastes which is just nice and not too strong. The beef balls were a nice chewy texture and Christine even had black pepper in hers which was super! To complement, we also had yong tau foo which was ok-lah. I have no complaints except that they put my LARGE mihun into a MEDIUM bowl which means less soup so to compensate, I ate extra fast to prevent the soup from being absorbed into my noodles.All in all, we had a great time with the beef noodles without the expense of burning more holes in our already holey pockets!

No comments: