Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Murni VS Mummy

As I stepped into my house today, I should have sensed something wrong but I guess my usually tip-top instincts was blunted by whiffs of .... Mummy's Curry Chicken!!! So I tell myself, just one more hour or so and I'll be enjoying myself at Murni's(SS2) with the Makan Club. I kept drumming myself with *Murni's*Makan Club*Murni's*Makan Club (608X)* to better equip myself in withstanding Mummy's Curry Chicken.

That is, until Wati(my maid) starts taking out the cutlery and arranges the plates of hot-steaming-sizzling-make-you-high rice. You know Stomp, The Musical? Exactly! First it starts subtlely, the smell. Then comes the 'thud thud' of the plates on the table. Next, throw in 'Chiang Chiang Chiang' of forks and spoons and it doesn't stop there. The smell of steaming white rice and my Mom's voice "Aiya, eat a bitla...It's not everyday I cook curry chicken. Just a bit then you go makan with your friendsla". 'BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM'

I find myself strangely unable to resist any longer and my gobbling mechanism kicked in. It was at this moment I was most vulnerable and it was at this moment, unseen hands must have tambah nasi for me. This is the result of not being able to resist the creamy, curry chicken Mummy rarely cooks. You get sucked into a Must-make-daughter-stay-at-home-and-eat-my-food conspiracy."AAAAAHHHHH" Sadly, it was too late when I realised the space designated for garlic naan and that cool nata de coco drink was invaded by curry chicken.

Sigh...Thousand apologies to the girls whom I couldn't join tonight but this is what happens when you have more stomach than brains.

No comments: